The Life of a Wannabe Academic

Detail of the life a new academic. The progress from graduate training to professor. Includes reflections on the job hunting process, research in technology and education, and what it is like to be a new college professor.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another dissertation another day...

Today I finished (mostly) my latest draft of my dissertation. I had completed a full draft about a month ago, but through meetings and compromises had to revisit the original data set, do some reorganization and run some more analyses. So I had finished that and recently with my days out of town on the interview schedule (yea to me btw, more on that in a later post) I have finally written the most recent results and discussion sections of my dissertation.

I have sent out the draft to my advisor and will wait to hear back from him hopefully in a few days regarding the changes. I must say that though some tough compromises were made, I am more happy with this version. Less cluttered and more streamlined and this made my interpretations of the data a bit easier. Unfortunately all of this has put me a bit behind my own imposed schedule by about two weeks, but I should still be OK for a May graduation date. It all really depends on how many revisions will be required.

So once again, I'm almost done. The real hard work on this should now be behind me. I hoave now to just revise, defend and format the sucker and all should be good. I will be happy to have it behind me for just a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home