The Life of a Wannabe Academic

Detail of the life a new academic. The progress from graduate training to professor. Includes reflections on the job hunting process, research in technology and education, and what it is like to be a new college professor.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Road Trip!

These next couple of days I will be on a conference trip to Maryville, MO. This will be my first trip with psychology students here. The students here are quite lucky in that many of them get funded very well to go on these trips (as are the faculty!). This trip should not cost me anything, nor the students anything. Granted this is not a big conference or a sexy location, but the experience will hopefully be good.

I will get to hear David Meyers a well known positive psychologist (looks at behavior from a more happy light than most of us). He will be talking about the pursuit of happiness from a scientific view. I look forward to his talk.

In about 10 min I'll be off to the van on a road trip. Wish me luck...gladly I'm not driving this monster!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home