The Life of a Wannabe Academic

Detail of the life a new academic. The progress from graduate training to professor. Includes reflections on the job hunting process, research in technology and education, and what it is like to be a new college professor.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A new course to teach

I am currently scheduled to teach Abnormal Psychology next Spring. I have not taught Abnormal before, but am excited to add a new course to my teaching. Abnormal will be an interesting course to teach because of the nature of the students in the class. There will be a healthy mix of both psychology and nursing students so I must take into account the health care issues with abnormal psycholgy and make it one of my priorities in my teaching.

I think that prepping this course will greatly expand my flexibility as an instructor. This is outside the typical course that an experimentally oriented person teaches, at least in larger departments. Usually a clinician will teach these courses. However, I am confident in my abilities to teach this course. It will further reinforce my knowledge of an important area in psychology and show my flexibility as an instructor as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home